We believe the best way of delivering support is to use person centred approaches. However, getting this right is not always easy and being able to get external help and expertise can make a big difference.
If you would like to know more, or have an informal conversation about your situation and ideas, please contact us 0121 415 6960 or email email@example.com.
If you are looking for information specifically about the support we can offer in the area of positive behaviour support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help you
Our staff can offer a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience that is learning disability specific and we have a pool of associates who are all learning disability specialists across the United Kingdom.
- We are an independent not for profit organisation, with a reputation based on 40 years’ experience
- Our value base focuses on human rights and support delivered with dignity and respect
- We have a track record for turning policy into practice and use an evidence based approach
- We work in partnership with vulnerable people and the people that support them
- We will listen carefully to what you need and offer practical direction, support and advice assuming the role of critical friend
- We have access to a wide pool of knowledge, skills and experience
- We can bring a lot of experience in working with services that support vulnerable and disadvantaged groups including people whose behaviour may be described as challenging, people who are described as having complex needs people with profound and multiple learning disabilities
What kind of things can we help you with?
- Determining the quality of supports and services in partnership with people with learning disabilities and family carers
- Workforce development, including assessment of individual and organisational learning needs, induction programmes and qualifications support
- Supporting the development of improvement programmes
- Organisational reviews , audits and consultancy in positive behaviour support, and restraint reduction
- Meaningfully Involving people with learning disabilities
- Becoming a person centred organisation
- Working in partnership with family carers
- Keeping people safe
- Investigating complaints or bad practice
- Developing leaders
What we can't help with
- Individual behaviour assessments
- Advice on specific behaviour issues
- Clinical supervision
- Individual mentoring through qualifications
- Consultancy support or mentoring to training providers who teach people to use restrictive interventions