Bild Association of Certified Training
We are an independent charity, licensed by the Restraint Reduction Network to certify training services as complying with the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards (from October 2019).
Certification is available for in-house training and commercial training providers across:
- education, health and social care
- children and adult services
- including people with mental health conditions, dementia, learning disabilities and autistic people.
Certification of training services will be a requirement for NHS commissioned services and the Care Quality Commission from April 2020.
Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards
The Standards aim to facilitate culture change, not just technical competence. They are designed to:
- Protect people's fundamental human rights and promote person centred best interest and therapeutic approaches to supporting people when they are distressed
- Improve the quality of life of those being restrained and those supporting them
- Reduce reliance on restrictive practices by promoting positive culture and practice that focuses on prevention, de-escalation and reflective practice
- Increase understanding of the root causes of behaviour and recognition that many behaviours are the result of distress due to unmet needs
- Where required, focus on the safest and most dignified use of restrictive interventions including physical restraint. The scheme includes training needs analysis to ensure training is proportional to the needs of the population and setting. There is also increased scrutiny and surveillance of curricula, senior trainers and affiliated organisations.