Positive Behaviour Support for Families
Buckinghamshire Council, in collaboration with Bild (British Institute of Learning Disabilities), is piloting a free PBS training programme for families.
The aim of the training is to provide PBS support to the network of people around a child – enabling a consistent approach that encourages engagement in education and the community.
The training promotes a truly person centred approach. All contributions are listened to, helping to support and encourage communication between families and professionals.
The training is delivered by people with lived experience and promotes strength-based approaches to autism and disability.
About the Programme
Bild and Buckinghamshire Council have developed an innovative pilot programme with the aims of:
- Developing a shared understanding of autism and PBS among family carers, and professionals in all services that support autistic young people at risk of exclusion and/or admission to inpatient services.
- Sharing ideas and developing an agreement of what good support and capable environments are for these individual children, and as a cohort.
- Building, strengthening, and supporting relationships across the whole team that support the child.
- Directly improving the quality of life for young people, families and the staff that support them.
- Building capacity across Buckinghamshire Council services and including families as a valuable part of the workforce.
- Ensuring the programme is accessible and actively promotes the inclusion of hard-to-reach families.
The training is designed to be convenient and fit in around your existing commitments. The programme is in an e-learning format, with opportunities for in-person workshops to follow. After completing part one, participants can then choose to progress on to part two and three.
- Part 1 – Introductory e-learning session (1 hour)
- Part 2 – Facilitated multi-disciplinary team workshops – online (3 hours)
- Part 3 – Champion development programmes (2 days)
Register your interest
If you would like to register your interest in the Buckinghamshire PBS for Families programme, please click here to download and complete the expression of interest form and return this by email to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.
Bild and PBS
At Bild the approaches we promote are person-centred and advocate for the full involvement of the person in co-designing and making decisions about the support they receive.
One of the ways we do this is training families, practitioners and providers in Positive Behaviour Support, known as PBS.