All the latest news and views from Bild.
10 November 2020
We’re delighted to announce a new programme of Bild Member online events, which offer exclusive learning opportunities with national and international experts.
There will be a range of topics covered and the first series will focus on positive behaviour support. They will take place each month for six months, starting with the first event on 25 November 2020.
We are inviting international figures to present on an important and relevant issue in PBS, then opening up a conversation with our members.
This will be a great opportunity to focus on similarities and differences in the implementation of PBS across cultures, countries and populations and will provide learning opportunities for everyone.
Our first event on 25 November 2020 will take place from 12pm until 2pm (GMT), and will also include our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
We will be hearing from Tom Tutton from Aspect Australia, who will speak on the topic of inclusion, specifically ‘listening to autistic people helps to get PBS right.’
The first series of Bild Member events is:
- 25 November 2020, 12-14:10 (GMT): ‘Listening to autistic people helps to get PBS right’, with Tom Tutton, Aspect Australia
- 16 December 2020, 15-16:30 (GMT): ‘Dr Joseph Lucyshyn, University of British Columbia talks about the relationship between PBS and ABA – are they the same or different?
- 27 January 2021, 15-16:30 (GMT): ‘Punishment should have no place in PBS’, with Dr Rachel Freeman, Director of State Initiatives for the Institute on Community Integration at the University of Minnesota
- 24 February 2021, 15-16:30 (GMT): Deconstructing the expert model of PBS, presenter TBC
- 31 March 2021, 15-16:30 (GMT): Comparing and contrasting School Wide PBS with PBS in health, social care, family homes and communities, with Professor Donald Kincaid, professor in the Department of Child & Family Studies at the University of South Florida and co-director of The Florida Center for Inclusive Communities
- 28 April 2021, 15-16:30 (GMT): Scaling up PBS – what works, presenter TBC
Bild Members can register for these events in the Bild Members’ portal, in the webinar tab>
If you are not yet a Bild member, you can find out more about Bild Membership and the benefits of becoming a member here>
If you have any questions about these events or Bild Membership, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be happy to help.