Purpose: The purpose of the group is to create and steer a Community of Practice under the banner of the Plymou
th PBS Network, the aims of the network are to:
- Provide opportunities for community partners to develop a greater understanding of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS).
- Provide a forum for non-paid carers (family carers, volunteers) to develop their understanding of PBS.
- Provide opportunities for workforce and organisation development across Plymouth in line with PBS competencies framework.
- Promote & develop PBS across Plymouth.
- Create further networks of support that provide opportunities for problem-solving and service-development relating to PBS approaches.
Activities: The Plymouth Network aims to be a place where we can share information and be collaborative.
The Plymouth PBS Network runs quarterly network events based around key topics pertaining to PBS. As well as a forum for gaining information the network aims to be a place where people can make links with others with similar interests.
Who can join/ who the community is for:
- Attendees from education – school, further education & the University of Plymouth
- Professionals from health and social care
- Attendees in the Local Authority/Adult and/or Children’s Social Care
- Family members & people with Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Condition
Primary contact: PBS Admin support – [email protected]