Name: PBS Community of Practice for Scotland
Contact: Dr Anne MacDonald, University of Glasgow Anne.email@example.com
Purpose: The purpose of the PBS Community of Practice for Scotland is to support and facilitate the implementation of PBS for people with learning disabilities, including those who are also autistic, or have additional support needs related to their mental health.
Scope: The scope of the PBS Community of Practice for Scotland includes:
- Working across Scotland
- Working within education, health and social care, with a focus on community provision, but also including residential and hospital-based services
- Working with family carers and professionals who provide support, care or education to people with learning disabilities
- Focusing on people with learning disabilities, both adults and children, who have, or are at risk of developing, behaviours that challenge
- Regular free good practice webinars
- Development of a free eLearning resource, Understanding PBS
- Working closely with Scottish Government to promote PBS across policy areas
- Working with senior leaders from social care providers to support the implementation of PBS
- Providing members with PBS information & resources
Membership: Open to anyone who has an interest in PBS. It is free to join, and members will receive regular notifications of events, resources, publications, or other PBS-related information.
Governance: The steering group is facilitated by Scottish Commission for People with Learning Disabilities on behalf of the Scottish Government. It is led by a steering group of professionals and family carers who have a strategic role in promoting PBS in Scotland.