Free webinar: Health and Wellbeing Alliance webinar to inform DHSC Social Care White Paper Knowledge and Skills Framework
This webinar is free to attend. Please click here to register.
About this webinar
The Adult Social Care Reform White Paper (published in December 2021) sets out the DHSC commitment to the social care workforce having high quality training, qualifications, and professional development to ensure social care workers can become experts in their field and ensure best practice in meeting the needs of the people they support. In addition, the paper highlights the commitment to ensuring career progression opportunities and addressing skills gaps through a ‘Knowledge & Skills Framework’ that will ensure career progression pathway is linked to learning and development including apprenticeships and qualifications (eg diplomas).
This webinar is an opportunity for members of the Health and Wellbeing Alliance, people who provide support and providers of services across the voluntary and public sector to inform the proposed Key Skills Framework.
The webinar will be chaired by Ben Higgins, Bild Chief Executive.
- Julie Beadle-Brown, Reader in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities at the Tizard Centre and professor in Disability studies at La Trobe university
- Bev Murphy, Head of Practice, United Response
- James Keaveney, Policy Lead, Department of Health and Social Care
- Jo Land, Group Chief Executive Officer, The Avenues Trust Group
- Professor Edwin Jones, PBS Strategic Lead, Bild
- Sarah Leitch, Director of Development, Bild and RRN
The webinar will be recorded and there will be a survey for those that are unable to attend but keen to contribute to informing priorities for the KSF.
This webinar is presented in partnership with the Department of Health and Social Care.
We are pleased to make this webinar free for anyone to attend. Bild Members will have on-demand access to the recording of the webinar and recordings of all our past webinars. You can find out more about the benefits of Bild Membership and you can join us today at www.bild.org.uk/membership/.