The CAPBS Positive Behaviour Support Coaches Programme
Fee: £1,495.00 + VAT
8-10 December 2020, Glasgow
Follow up day 8 June 2021.
Fee: £1,644.50 + VAT
13-15 October 2020, London
Follow up day 23 April 2021
Subscribe to our mailing list to register your interest in our PBS training programmes. Subscribe here>
This programme is also available in-house, tailored to the needs of your organisation. To find out more please contact us on 0121 415 6960, email firstname.lastname@example.org
An intensive programme for practitioners with some practical experience of positive behaviour support who would like to extend their knowledge and support the implementation of a positive behaviour support approach within their organisation.
This 4 day programme includes an initial 3 days of residential training, workplace assignments and a 1 day follow up training day six months later. The residential training will provide participants with the opportunity to discuss the current context of PBS and the specific elements of a PBS approach and how to embed PBS within services and organisations. The focus will be on supporting colleagues in the workplace to understand the main concepts and make changes to practice that will impact positively on the people being supported. The programme will also cover the principles of coaching and participants will prepare and present a session plan for a key element of PBS.
Delegates will be able to:
- Describe the values and principles of the PBS framework and demonstrate knowledge of key areas
- Understand organisational implementation of PBS as related to their service or organisation
- Develop an action plan to transfer learning in the workplace
- Identify workforce development activities
- Understand how to use coaching to improve practice standards
- Participation and contribution throughout the programme
- Preparation and presentation of a session plan for one element of PBS
- Presentation of a theoretical aspect of PBS based on a journal article (presentation will be delivered in pairs)
- A short written assignment demonstrating knowledge of the subjects covered in the programme (all to take place on day three)
- Preparation of an action plan to transfer learning into the workplace and an update on its progress on day four
- A workplace assignment, completed over six months and assessed on day four. The programme facilitator will help choose and design a workplace assignment. You will be expected to produce a short written report and present results on day Four.
- Delegates must attend all four days, complete assessments and the workplace assignment
Workplace Programme courses
You could consider maximising the impact of the Coaches Programme for your organisation by choosing the workplace option: you provide the venue and up to 10 delegates, and the facilitator will focus on the specific needs of your organisation. Contact us to discuss this option.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
This training has been CPD Certified. Attendance will allow you to gain CPD points towards your Continuous Professional Development requirements.