All the latest news and views from Bild.
17 August 2021
Join us this autumn for the return of the brilliant Bild International Positive Behaviour Support Conference in Glasgow (11-13 October 2021), which will take place in a new hybrid format – with both online and in-person elements.
Bringing renowned Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) speakers from across the globe to The DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow Central, the conference will explore the theme ‘The evolving world of PBS: moving forward together’ – and will publicly reveal, for the very first time, the newly updated UK definition of PBS in a keynote by Dr Nick Gore (Tizard Centre) and Suzi Sapiets (University of Warwick).
This year we’re excited to welcome Professors Rob Horner and Kent McIntosh of the University of Oregon, hearing them speak about the evolution of Positive Behaviour Support, as well as shining a light on inequalities and unconscious bias.
We’re delighted that Charlie McMillan, Chief Executive of the Scottish Commission for Learning Disability, will give this year’s opening address on the Tuesday, the first full day of conference events.
Other conference highlights include:
- A keynote from Dr Tom Tutton and Emma Gallagher from Aspect Australia will highlight the importance of co-production in PBS and discuss how to do it well
- Dr Darren Bowring will present his research on quality of life
- Viv Cooper OBE and Elly Chapple from the Challenging Behaviour Foundation (CBF) will share insights into trauma and the impact on families
- Professor Kathy Lowe will talk about her lifetime of work in PBS
- An evening cèilidh will take place supported by Indepen-dance, the award-winning inclusive dance company!
On Monday 11th October, after a summit for Bild’s PBS Coaches Network, the 10th anniversary of the International Journal of Positive Behavioural Support will be a cause for celebration. Senior Editor Dr Peter Baker, and fellow researchers, will reflect on the last 10 years in PBS, sharing their thoughts about what might come next. The afternoon symposium will be followed by a relaxed drinks reception for those attending in person.
Thanks to a host of practical workshops you will be able to develop specific technical skills around PBS, as well as innovative ideas you can put into practice. The conference will be a wonderful opportunity for delegates to meet and network, share best practice, and debate new developments in the field of PBS.
Explore the full programme here>
Book to join us in person here, and you will benefit exclusively from:
- Live in-person keynote speeches
- Face-to-face discussions with attending PBS specialists
- In-person-only workshops and discussions
- Attendence at the evening meal, award ceremony and a proper Scottish cèilidh
- Comprehensive networking possibilities
- Early registration confirmation
- Ticket protection against COVID-related disruption.
Virtual bookings for the conference will be opened in due course. To be the first to hear about this development, click here to join our waiting list!