Implementing Positive Behaviour Support for Senior Managers and Leaders
This programme is available in-house, tailored to the needs of your organisation, or as open training.
New dates for open training will be available soon. If you'd like to register your interest in this training, you can subscribe to our mailing list here.
To discuss how this training can be adapted for your needs, please contact us on 0121 415 6960, email
Background and aim of the programme
This programme is for senior managers and leaders who are not in direct contact with practice on a regular basis but who need to understand what organisational implementation of PBS involves and what their role in implementation is. The overall aim of the programme is for senior managers and leaders to know and be able to articulate what PBS is and what it isn’t, understand what conditions are needed for PBS to be implemented, what needs to be in place to monitor PBS, actions needed to sustain it and to continuously improve PBS practice.
For senior managers and leaders to know and be able to articulate what PBS is and what it isn’t, understand what conditions are needed for PBS to be implemented, what needs to be in place to monitor PBS, actions needed to sustain it and to continuously improve PBS practice.
There are four modules with gaps between modules during which delegates complete organisational development work.
Module 1: Introductory module
Module 2: Establishing conditions for implementation of PBS
Module 3: Monitoring and sustaining PBS
Module 4: Continuous improvement
On successful completion of the programme delegates will:
- Gain an overview of PBS and its essential components and be able to articulate this
- Understand what implementation of PBS involves and their role in implementation
- Understand what needs to be in place to monitor PBS and to sustain it
- Make the connection between providing capable environments and behaviours of concern
- Be able to describe the practice leadership tasks and support needed
- Be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of PBS behavioural technology
- Explore the application of PBS principles to staff
- Understand that PBS is an organisational approach and relies on systems change
- Understand what data should be collected to monitor success
- Develop methods to check competence
- Understand what the development and delivery of Behaviour Support Plans involves
- Consider how to keep a check on culture and how to spot and prevent creep
- Be able to build a plan for the continuous improvement of a PBS culture and be able to articulate what this involves
- Have a robust implementation plan for the organisation
- Prioritise next steps for the organisation