Understanding how autism impacts people and offering good support to autistic people. A BILD CPD Learning and Development Programme
Dates: 5 June 2019, London
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone who would like to know more about autism. The day will provide delegates with information to help understand the impact on people and how this can inform the support offered to them.
You will find this especially useful if you are completing the Level 3 Diploma in Adult care or the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker apprenticeship. The course is closely linked to modules within these programmes.
This course will be delivered by an expert BILD consultant and content is derived from current evidence based practice and research.
How will it help me?
This course will help you gain a general understanding of autism and its impact on people.
Elements of the programme include:
- Main characteristics of autism
- How autism can impact on the lives of people and those around them
- Theories and concepts about autism
- Legal and policy framework that underpins good practice in support of autistic people
- How to communicate effectively with autistic people