Where and when?
- 14 November 2012, Sheffield
- 15 May 2013, Birmingham
- 15 July 2013, London
Participants will gain the knowledge necessary to support individuals with learning disability to access and use a variety of healthcare services.
This event will explore the different types of healthcare services that a person with learning disabilities may need to access, and the roles of professionals within these.
Participants will consider the importance of supporting people with learning disabilities to access healthcare and regular health checks to maintain their long term health and well being.
identify some of the barriers to accessing healthcare services and how to overcome them.
Gain knowledge how to provide effective support to enable people with learning disabilities to develop a more positive view of healthcare services and facilities.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works with, or supports people with learning disabilities and people with autistic spectrum disorders.
This event will help participants to develop the knowledge and skills required to support individuals with a learning disability to access and use a variety of healthcare services.
- Understand legislation, policies and guidance relevant to individuals with learning disabilities accessing healthcare
- Understand the function of different healthcare services that an individual with learning disabilities may need to access.
- Understand the role of professionals within different healthcare services that a person with learning disabilities may need to access
- Understand how plans for healthcare and regular health checks underpin long-term health and well being for individuals with learning disabilities.
- Be able to complete and review plans for healthcare
- Understand the issues that an individual with learning disabilities may face when accessing a variety of healthcare services
- Be able to support an individual with learning disabilities when accessing a variety of healthcare services.
This event covers some of the learning outcomes from the unit support individuals with learning disabilities to healthcare from the level 3 awards and certificates in supporting individuals with learning disabilities and also level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
This event is suitable for people who are working at level 2 and 3.
Learning will be facilitated through:
Event facilitators will employ a variety of delivery methods to include:
Pair and group work
They will use a variety of audio visual materials appropriate to the subject areas and audience. Materials may include power-point presentations, handouts, dvd/video clips.
Handouts for the delegates to take away will support each training session, and a certificate of attendance will be handed out by the trainer at the end of each course
How much do they cost?
All events are £95 + VAT person. Discounts are available, contact us for more details.
How to book?
You can download the Events programme and booking form above, or, if you go to the Event page of your choice you can book online.
These events have been CPD Certified
Attendance will allow you to gain CPD points towards your Continuous Professional Development requirements.