22 June 2012 - Midlands
A one day event for professionals supporting people with intellectual disability or autism who have offending behaviour, or who come into contact with the Criminal Justice System.
An opportunity to learn, discuss and share the most recent knowledge and expertise relevant to current practice and challenges.
Participants will hear from experts in the field specialising
in developing assessments, treatment, care pathways, support and research.
The event aims to:
- highlight key issues in addressing the needs of people with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum condition who are in contact with criminal justice system
- explore how services can improve their responses
- discuss the role of specialist professionals
- highlight current treatment options
- explore care pathways for people detained under the Mental Health Act
- increase awareness of the role of the appropriate adult
Who should attend?
Anyone who works with or supports young people or adults
that come into contact with the criminal justice system including:
police officers, magistrates, court officials, prison officers, probation officers, nurses, social workers, people working in education and other professionals with an interest in this field.