Edited by Karen Broderick and Tina Mason-Williams
A practical resource containing everything the teacher needs to plan successful transitions for a child with an autism spectrum condition (ASC).
Produced by teachers, advisers and parents, the toolkit is designed for staff who may know very little about ASC. Using clear language and helpful case studies, it contains:
- an introduction to autism spectrum conditions
- templates for use in the classroom
- case studies using the templates
- guidelines for making transitions successful
- further reading and references
The toolkit is designed for use in nursery, primary and secondary schools.
What schools have said about the Transition Toolkit:
'Very clear, concise and tackled core issues from the outset'
'Brilliant use of case studies'
'Templates are great. Really useful for at-a-glance support for the new teacher'
'Very user-friendly without off-putting jargon'