The CAPBS Positive Behaviour Support Coaches Programme
An intensive programme for practitioners with some practical experience of positive behaviour support who would like to extend their knowledge and support the implementation of a positive behaviour support approach within their organisation.
This 3 day (plus workplace assignment plus 1 day follow up) residential programme will provide participants with the opportunity to discuss the current context of PBS and the specific elements of a PBS approach, as well as what should be in a behaviour support plan, restrictive practices and how to embed PBS within services and organisations.
The focus will be on supporting colleagues in the workplace to understand the main concepts and make changes to practice that will impact positively on the people being supported.
The programme will also cover the principles of coaching and participants will prepare and present a session plan for a key element of PBS.
This course will help people to meet competencies 3.1, 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9 for direct care staff in the PBS Competency framework >
Hear what our coaches think about the program by clicking Here
Delegates will be able to
- Describe the development and component parts of the PBS framework and demonstrate knowledge of key areas
- Analyse areas of organisational implementation of PBS and relate them to their service or organisation
- Develop an action plan to transfer learning in the workplace
- Prepare resources to support workforce competence
- Demonstrate how to use coaching to improve practice standards
- Develop an action plan to transfer learning into the workplace
- Participation and contribution throughout the programme
- Preparation and presentation of a session plan for one element of PBS
- Presentation of a theoretical aspect of PBS based on a journal article ( presentation will be delivered in pairs)
- A short written assignment demonstrating knowledge of the subjects covered in the programme (all to take place on day three)
- Preparation of an action plan to transfer learning into the workplace and an update on its progress on day four
- A workplace assignment , completed over 6 months and assessed on day four, The programme facilitator will help choose and design a workplace assignment. You will be expected to produce a short written report and present results on day Four
- Delegates must attend all four days, complete assessments and the workplace assignment
Workplace Programme courses
You could consider maximising the impact of the Coaches Programme for your organisation by choosing the workplace option: you provide the venue and up to 10 delegates, and the facilitator will focus on the specific needs of your organisation. Contact us to discuss this option.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
This training has been CPD Certified. Attendance will allow you to gain CPD points towards your Continuous Professional Development requirements.