As well as working as a Positive Behaviour Support Consultant, Tom is Behaviour Support Manager with a not-for-profit service provider and leads the organisational approach to Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- BA (Hons) degree in Sociology
- MA: Intellectual and developmental disability
Areas of expertise
Tom has managed a variety of services (registered care and supported living) for people with learning disabilities, autism and behavior that challenges. He is currently part of his organisation’s learning disability division Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for:
- Development of policy, production of PBS strategy and leading its implementation
- Managing the dedicated PBS team
- Internal PBS monitoring and chairing internal case conferences
- Overseeing PBS training and managers’ development
- Assessment of new clients with behavioural support needs and planning their support.
- Overseeing analysis of behaviour, functional assessment, the design of preventative interventions and quality standards of PBS plans
- Leading the organisation’s restrictive practice review
Download Tom Evans' biography >
Back to PBS Consultancy page >