Joint Professional Chair of the Centre of Excellence for Clinical Innovation and Behaviour Support, Department of Communities, Child Safety & Disability Services, Queensland, and University of Queensland
Karen Nankervis has a PhD in Philosophy and is the Joint Professorial Chair of the Centre of Excellence for Clinical Innovation and Behaviour Support.
The Centre of Excellence engages in disability research and practice leadership in clinical innovation and governance, forensic disability, high and complex needs and positive behaviour supports.
The Centre of Excellence is currently leading work in:
- The early identification and interventions for families at risk of relinquishing care
- The delivery of supports to people with intellectual disability whose behaviours are challenging to the service delivery system
- The reduction and elimination of the use of restrictive practices
- People with disabilities who are in long stay hospital settings
- Community-based forensic disability supports
- Clinical governance in specialist disability services
- Clinical reviews of people with disabilities who have high and complex needs
- Learning and development in positive behaviour supports
Back to Advisors list >